Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! An Affair to Remember






This week's dream cast Thursday is An Affair to Remember. When I started looking up information about it, I was really surprised to find out the it was actually a remake. The films that I looked at were Love Affair (1939), An Affair to Remember (1957), and Love Affair (1994).














The first character that I recast was Terry Mckay. She has been played by Irene Dunne, Deborah Kerr, and Annette Bening. For my remake, I chose Cate Blanchett.













The second character that I recast was Nickie Ferrante/Mike Gambril. He has been played by Charles Boyer, Cary Grant, and Warren Beatty. For my remake, I cast George Clooney.

So what do you all think? Which adaptations have you seen? Who would you cast in your remake?

2 comments:

Ruth said...

That sounds like a great cast. I can't really comment more than that bc I have never seen the movie.

grace said...

I can't believe you haven't see this! We'll have to fix that when you come to visit!