Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The 82nd Annual Academy Awards Nominations!

We are well into this year's award season. The nominations for this year's awards were announced this morning (click here for your own printable ballot). Last year, I learned a lot about the history of some of the most popular award shows including requirements to vote, past winners, etc (click here to see the post).I have always been a really big fan of the Oscars. I probably have not missed a single show since I was little. They used to be shown on my birthday weekend, but due to the Winter Olympics, they will be shown on March 7th this year.

82nd Academy Award Main Nominations

Leading Actor:

Supporting Actor:

Leading Actress

Supporting Actress

Directing

Adapted Screenplay

Original Screenplay

Animated Feature

Best Picture

These are only some of the main nominations (honestly, I was just too lazy to type them and in and to link them up). If you would like to see a full list of nominees and break-down of nominations by film, you can visit the Oscar website. I must admit, that I do not have any particular feelings either way when it comes to this year's Oscars. I was also a little surprised by the number of films nominated for best picture. I feel like it is about twice as many as usual. I feel like if that many are going to me nominated, then there isn't really a point.  The only nomination that I was really excited about was Sandra Bullock's. I haven't seen The Blind Side yet, but I really like her. Maybe I will get more excited as time goes on.

I am going to wait to fill out my official ballot until I see a few more of the nominees.

So what do you all think? Do you have any predictions yet? Are there any films that were left out that really deserved a nomination? Leave your thoughts in the comments.

No comments: