Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Frost/Nixon


I just saw Frost/Nixon, and I must say that I really enjoyed it. I think that the Oscars are going to be really interesting this year, because so far I have yet to really dislike a film. In fact, I have very much enjoyed all of the films that I have seen recently.

Frost/Nixon was especially enjoyable. I must say that I really like films like this that are based on true stories. They prove to be much more interesting. The recent film, Milk is another very good film that is based on a true story. Although the actual events of the film took place years ago, they do not loose any of their resonance with events of today. Although I already knew the outcome, I found myself mesmerized by the end of the film. I actually cried, "Yes!" aloud when Frost (played by Michael Sheen) brought out his ace at the end of the final interview.

The cast was absolutely phenomenal. Frank Langella (Nixon) completely and utterly transformed himself. The cast was wonderful and worked really well as an ensemble, but feel that I must specifically talk about Michael Sheen. I find myself completely intrigued by him as an actor. Lately I have been looking at the many different roles that he has taken upon himself. He is so extremely versatile. After IMDB-ing him I found that I had actually seen many of his films without really associating him with them. Each role seems to take on a complete life of its own, while leaving all previous roles behind.

So, I would definitely recommend this film to anyone. When I first saw a short trailer for the film, I was not very interested, but I am very glad that I changed my mind.

No comments: