Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Revolutionary Road


I just saw Revolutionary Road and absolutely LOVED it! I was a little disappointed. As some of you may know, when the movie was first announced two years ago I was extremely excited about the Kate and Leo reunion. I found out that the film would be an adaptation of the novel of the same name and went online trying to find out something about what the film would be about. I accidentally happened upon a full synopsis of the book and read it before I realized that it would give the full plot. This was a major disappointment. Those of you that know me know that I hate it when endings are ruined for me.

This, I soon realized upon actually seeing the film, was a minor setback. Although the story and plot were amazing, the power and depth that the entire cast (but especially Kate and Leo) brought to their characters and to every scene is something that could not be ruined by a synopsis. This was definitely a character-driven film.

I encourage everyone to see this film and all films nominated for Oscars. I always have much more fun watching if I fill out a ballot first. I recently made a list of all the films that I still have to see before the Oscars and will be reviewing them here. Also, if anyone has any films recommendations that were left off of the nominations list, please put them in the comments.

No comments: