Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Doubt


I just saw Doubt, and actually I must say that I was not extremely impressed. The problem is that I have seen so many absolutely amazing movies recently. The bar, for me, has been raised to quite a height. The acting was very good. In fact, the acting was wonderful. This could be expected with such an stellar ensemble. I felt that Amy Adams and Philip Seymour Hoffman were especially good. The film was probably supposed to provoke further thought on the subject matter, any ideas that the film brought up left my head completely after the viewing. Above all, I love the time right after I see a really good film. Usually, I am left with all of these thoughts and questions. With Doubt, it just didn't happen for me. I don't know what it was. Something about the film left me unmoved.

Does any one disagree? I welcome opposing viewpoints in the comments.

No comments: