Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Friday, October 24, 2008

All Things End

I finished Paper Towns last night. It was absolutely wonderful. I cried towards the end. I didn't cry just because it was kind of sad or very wonderful (although that was part of it). I cried because I was overcome with sadness having finished it. Don't you hate it when you finish a really good book.

I always become especially sad when I finish a book with really good characters. Once the story is over, the characters go away. These characters that have been a constant thought in my mind while reading the book suddenly vanish. I never find out what happens after the story ends. I am suddenly pulled back into a reality where those characters that I have fallen in love with don't exist; a reality that is a little less grand and extraordinary.


No comments: