Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Volver

















I recently saw Volver by Pedro Almodovar and really enjoyed it. This film came out about six years ago. Translated, the title means "to return." I do not want to say too much about the plot of the story, because I do not want to give anything away. The film focuses on a woman named Raimunda, her sister Sole, and her young daughter Paula. Shortly after the sisters' great-aunt dies, Sole is visited by the ghost of her long dead mother. As Sole tries to hide the ghost of her mother, Raimunda is busy hiding a secret of her own.












I have come to expect great things from the combination of Pedro Almodovar and Penelope Cruz. In this instance, I was not disappointed. Penelope Cruz was amazing as Raimunda. She was beautiful and gave an extremely real and emotional performance.

I would definitely recommend this film. It is definitely a must-see!

No comments: