Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! Anna Karenina





This week's Dream Cast Thursday is Anna Karenina. It was originally a book by Leo Tolstoy that was first published between 1873 and 1877. I have never read the original novel, but for my remake, I looked at the four film adaptations that were released in 1935, 1948, 1997 and 2000.













The first character that I recast was Anna Karenina. She has been played by Greta Garbo, Vivien Leigh, Sophie Marceau, and Helen McCrory. For my adaptation, I cast Hayley Atwell.



















The second character that I recast was Count Vronsky. He has been played by Fredric March, Kieron Moore, Sean Bean, and Kevin McKidd. For my adaptation, I cast Ewan McGregor.













The third character that I recast was Alexei Karenin. He has been played by Basil Rathbone, Ralph Richardson, James Fox, and Stephen Dillane. For my adaptation, I cast Rufus Sewell.






The fourth character that I recast was played by Alfred Molina and Douglas Henshall. For my adaptation, I recast Paul Bettany.













The last character that I recast was Kitty Scherbatsky. She has been played by Maureen O'Sullivan, Sally Ann Howes, Mia Kirshner, and Paloma Baeza. For my adaptation, I cast Natalie Portman.

So what do you all think? What adaptations have you seen? Have you read the original novel? Who would be in your recast?

2 comments:

chuchu said...

hi, I speak spanish so excuse my poor english. I read the novel, and it's a very good book, really. well, I guess that your choices are a little wrong, because they don't have this ... aristocracy or... dignity. those caracters, in the novel, are so hard,cold. remember that they represent the high russian society. anyway, I didn't see a movie about the book, but I think it needs others actors for be a good representation. Good blog. and one more time, excuse about my bad english. Saludos!

deborah said...

My goodness, if you cast Rufus Sewell as Karenin, the story is over. Anna would never leave him!

I'd love to see Viv with Sean Bean, but -- I think the new Vronsky, Aaron Johnson, is going to be amazing.

Read the book in college. Love it still.