Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Les Liaisons Dangereuses





















I just finished watching Les Liaisons Dangereuses. It is based on four volumes published by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos in 1782. I have seen several adaptations for this story and have like all of them (including Dangerous Liaisons, Valmont and Cruel Intentions), so I was pretty eager to see this one. I was especially eager to see Rupert Everett in a French-speaking role. Overall, I must say that I was completely disappointed from beginning to end. The story and the performances were flat and rushed, the actors did not seem believable in the roles, and the editing made it all feel a little too much like a telenovela.

I would definitely not recommend this film. It is definitely not a must-see.

1 comment:

leef said...

I am left with such an empty feeling when good people are in disappointing movies.