Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eden Lake














I just saw Eden Lake and absolutely loved it. As much as I really love films that deal with monsters, fantasy and all that is unreal, I also really love and am truly scared when a film deals with the opposite. The film begins with a young couple starting their romantic weekend at a small, secluded lake that is to eventually be overrun by developers and become just another section of suburbia. Their weekend is disrupted by a group of hoodies. The couple clashed with the group of kids, and things escalate until the group decides to wreak havoc and seek revenge on the young couple. Now the couple must make their way back to the small town on the other side of the woods before the hoodies catch up to them. It literally becomes a fight for survival.














When I first saw the trailer for this film, I did not expect much. It seemed like just another scary movie, but the actors delivered amazing performances (Michael Fassbender and Kelly Reilly were wonderful), and the filmmakers delivered an amazing film. The performances really rang true, and the extremely suspenseful film left me full of anxiety. I absolutely loved it. People watch scary movies for the experience, and this film did not leave me wanting.

I would definitely recommend this film. It is definitely a must-see!

No comments: