Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Antichrist









I just saw Lars von Trier's Antichrist. I should probably wait to write a real review, because I am still not really sure what I thought of it.Willem Dafoe was okay, but  Charlotte Gainsbourg was magnificent. Her best actress award at the Cannes Film Festival was definitely well-deserved. She was able to show a true and intense inner turmoil and depression. That said...

I have never been one for censorship. I respect a filmmaker's right to make whatever he or she wants. Many parts of this film were visually spectacular, but at other times, I found myself not being able to watch. The film depicts many scenes of very graphic violence and sexuality. I respect anyone's right to watch what they wish, but I think that this film's depictions were a little to realistic and a little too dark for me.

This film wasn't really a must-see for me, but it may be for others. You should definitely look into some of the subject matter before watching. I am not sure if I would recommend this film to anyone that I know, but who knows.

No comments: