Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Saturday, February 13, 2010

NY-LON










I have recently been getting into watching old shows and movies on Hulu. I recently watched a show called NY-LON. I was really excited when I came across this. I had never heard of it. I originally came out in the UK in 2004.  The concept of the show was really interesting. It follows a couple. The girl lives in New York, and the guy lives in London. The show goes back and forth in time and switches between perspectives.

After watching it, I must confess that I was unimpressed.  The main problems that I had with the show were the characters and the acting. Stephen Moyer was okay as Michael Antonioni, but I was extremely unimpressed with Rashida Jones as Edie Miller. There were a lot of really emotional scenes that I felt Jones really was not up for. It all felt really fake. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure whether a better actress could have helped much.  I really didn't find anything likable about the character. This made it extremely difficult to care what happened to her. That made it really hard to care about what happened to the couple.









This show is definitely not a must-see! If you want to check it out, you can catch it on Hulu, but I would not recommend it. 

No comments: