Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Friday, February 19, 2010

Bright Star






















I have a list of films that I want to see before the Oscars (in a little over two weeks). So far I am doing pretty well. Bright Star is nominated for costume design. The film was written and directed by Jane Campion. The film starts in 1818 and takes place over a period of three years. It follows the romance between John Keats and Fanny Brawne.













I was familiar with John Keats simply through his poetry, but did not know much of his actual life. It specifically showed his life with Brawne. I really enjoyed this film. It was really interesting. So much was conveyed by showing so little. The soundtrack was really good, and the art direction and costumes were amazing. I won't be surprised if it wins an Oscar.

The film had a really good ensemble cast. Paul Schneider and Ben Whishaw were both really good. I was probably most impressed with Abbie Cornish. I have previously seen her in several films. Ever since I saw her in Candy, I have had pretty high expectations from her. I was definitely not let down. Her performance was really beautiful.

I would definitely recommend this film. It is definitely a must-see!

No comments: