Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Friday, December 25, 2009

Dream Cast Thursday! Some Like it Hot


Sorry for the lateness of this week's Dream Cast Thursday, but things have been kinda crazy lately. This week, I decided to recast Some Like it Hot. The original film came out in 1959. In 2004, a loosely-based remake came out (called Connie and Carla). I wanted to do a remake that was closer to the original.

The two most important characters in the film are Joe and Jerry. Joe (who dresses up as Josephine) was originally played by Tony Curtis. It was really hard recasting the part, because the part needs someone that can be a tough guy, a romantic lead, and pull-off dressing as a woman. I recast Michael Weatherly.

The second most important character is Jerry. Casting him was also hard. I needed someone that could be a comedic lead, pull-off dressing as a woman, and be able to work in a comedic capacity alongside with Michael Weatherly. Jerry (who dresses up as Daphne) was originally played by Jack Lemmon. After a lot of going back and forth, I recast Vince Vaughn.

Sugar Kane Kowalczyk was a fairly easy character to cast. She was originally played by Marilyn Monroe. From the very moment that I starting thinking about recasting the film and through casting the other characters, I never considered anyone other than Scarlett Johansson.

Osgood Fielding III was another hard character to cast. The original actor to play him was Joe E. Brown, and he did an absolutely amazing job. I recast Dustin Hoffman. The great thing about Hoffman is that not only is he a wonderful actor, but he is also a wonderful character actor. I think that he would be really perfect at taking the original character and adding some of his own aspects to it.

So what do you all think? Do you like my cast? Who would your dream cast be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have to saw I have never see some like it hot but i really really like all the choices you did. I find it to be an inspired choice