Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Devil's Whore


Set between the years 1642 and 1660, "The Devil's Whore" charts the progress of the English Civil War through the eyes of a 17 year old girl, the fictional Angelica Fanshawe.

This was a really interesting film to watch. One of the problems with the American school system is that I have learned many different aspects of American history over and over again to the point of being quite bored. Very little of the history of other countries is taught in American school systems. I found this film to be quite interesting. In fact, most of what I know of British history, I learn from films (should I be embarrassed to admit this?).

This story was beautifully captured on film, and the cast was absolutely magnificent. Andrea Riseborough played the fictional Angelica Fanshawe, Dominic West played Oliver Cromwell, John Simm played Edward Sexby, Michael Fassbender played Thomas Rainsborough, and Peter Capaldi played King Charles I.

This miniseries is definitely a must-see. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: