Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dream Cast Thursday! Hitchcock Edition


This week's Dream Cast Thursday is coming a day early. Some of you may know that it was recently announced that a remake of the Birds is being made starring George Clooney and Naomi Watts. I was so excited to hear this, that I thought that I would do a special Alfred Hitchcock edition this week. Rebecca has already been remade many times. Dial M for Murder (A Perfect Murder) and Rear Window (Disturbia) have all already been remade, so I thought that I would focus on three other films.


North by Northwest came out in 1959. It stars Cary Grant as Roger O. Thornhill, Eva Marie Saint as Eve Kendall, and James Mason as Philip Vandamm. I would recast Patrick Wilson (Thornhill), Emily Blunt (Kendall), and Jason Isaacs (Vandamm).


Vertigo came out in 1958. It stars James Stewart at John "Scottie" Ferguson, Kim Novak as Judy Barton and Madeleine Elster, Tom Helmore as Gavin Elster, and Barbara Bel Geddes as Midge Wood. I would recast Liev Schrieber (Ferguson), Peta Wilson (Barton/Elster), Vincent Perez (Elster), and Selma Blair (Wood).


To Catch a Thief came out in 1955. It stars Cary Grant as John Robie and Grace Kelly as Frances Stevens. I would recast Clive Owen (Robie) and Kate Winslet (Stevens).

So what do you all think? Who would you recast in these films? Are there any other Hitchcock films that youall would like to recast? What do you think about the Birds remake?

No comments: