Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Monday, October 27, 2008

Devilish

I finished Devilish. It was really good! I would definitely recommend it. I read it in less than a day (partly because I couldn't put it down, but also because it is a fast read). Fast reads are definitely good for my schedule right now since I have a pretty big work load that includes reading a book per class in my American Lit. class.

Synopsis from back of book:

Jane Jarvis and Allison Concord, seniors at Saint Teresa's Preparatory School for Girls, have always been too quirky to be popular, but at least they'll always have each other, right? Not so much. After a hideously embarrassing disaster, Allison comes to school transformed. Suddenly she has cute hair and clothes, speaks fluent Latin and won't even look at Jane. With the help of a strangely wise freshman boy, Jane discovers the incredible truth: Allison has sold her soul to the devil. Now Jane will have to save Allison before the bizarrely exclusive Poodle Prom, a party of biblical proportions that just might blow apart the world as Jane Knows it.

Among other news, I just saw the trailer for the third installment in the Underwold series. It is called Underworld: Rise of the Lycans and looks really good. It goes back to the beginning with the story between Viktor, Lucian and Viktor's daughter (forget her name). It is going to come out January 21 in the US.

I am really looking forward to and dreading this weekend. My niece has a dance competition in Chicago, so I am going to get to see my sister and all of her kids (which will be nice, because I do not get to see them that often, and they grow up so fast). On a sadder note, I have three very important papers all due on Monday, so I am really going to have to manage my time this week and weekend. Anyway...I guess that is all that is going on. More later.

No comments: