Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! Meet Me In St. Louis





This week's Dream Cast Thursday is Meet Me in St. Louis. This was one of my favorite films when I was a kid, so I was really excited to recast it. The original film came out in 1944 and was adapted from a series of short stories that were originally published in the New Yorker by Sally Benson from 1941 to 1942. Those stories were later published in the novel, 5135 Kensington.









The first character that I recast was Esther Smith. She was originally played by Judy Garland. For my adaptation, I cast Lauren Ambrose.










The second character that I recast was Rose Smith. She was originally played by Lucille Bremer. For my adaptation, I cast Christina Hendricks.









The third character that I recast was Tootie Smith. She was originally played by Margaret O'Brien. for my adaptation, I cast Iris Apatow.









The last character that I recast was John Truett. He was originally played by John Drake. For my adaptation, I cast Ian Somerhalder.

So what do you all think? Have you seen the original? Who would be in your adaptation?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have u read kylie chan's Dark Heaven series? If they were to make a movie who would u choose to play the main characters?