Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?






This week's Dream Cast Thursday is What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? . The original film came out in 1962. I looked at that cast as well as a stage cast when I made my casting decisions.







The first character that I recast was Blanche Hudson. She was originally played by Joan Crawford. In the stage production, she was played by Vanessa Redgrave. For my adaptation, I cast Sigourney Weaver.






The other character that I recast was Baby Jane Hudson. She was originally played by Bette Davis in the film and Lynn Redgrave on stage. For my adaptation, I cast Susan Sarandon.

So what do you all think? Have you seen the original? Who would be in your adaptation?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right you were as Ryan Murphy cast Susan Sarandon to play Bette Davis in the upcoming Feud. Good casting choice!