Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! Tretya meshchanskaya






This week's Dream Cast Thursday is Tretya meshchanskaya or Bed and Sofa. The original film first came out in Russia in 1927. The film involves a husband and wife named Kolia and Liuda. Kolia's old friend, Volodia, is unable to find lodgings. He stays with them. At first life is wonderful, but soon things become more complicated.









The first character that I recast was Liudmilla. She was originally played by Lyudmila Semyonova. For my adaptation, I cast Eva Green.










The second character that I recast was Nikolai. He was originally played by Nikolai Batalov. For my adaptation, I cast Marton Csokas.









The last character that I recast was Volodia. He was originally played by Vladimir Fogel. For my adaptation, I cast Paul Bettany.

This film is very hard to find, but there is a fairly decent dvd version with English subtitles. I definitely recommend that you all try to see it and come up with your own dream casts.

No comments: