Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! Suddenly Last Summer






This week's Dream Cast Thursday is Suddenly Last Summer. The original film came out in 1959 as is an adaptation of the Tennessee Williams play by the same name that was published a year before. A television adaptation came out in 1993. A stage adaptation of the original play came out more recently. I looked at all of these when making my casting decisions.



















The first character that I recast was Catherine Holly. She has been played by Elizabeth Taylor, Natasha Richardson, and Carla Gugino. For my adaptation, I cast Natalie Dormer.



















The second character that I recast was Violet Venable. She has been played by Katherine Hepburn, Maggie Smith, and Blythe Danner. For my adaptation, I caste Annette Bening.



















The last character that I recast was Dr. Cukrowicz. He has been played by Montgomery Clift, Rob Lowe, and Gale Harold. For my adaptation, I cast David Conrad.

So what do you all think? Who would be in your adaptations?

No comments: