Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Monday, June 7, 2010

New York I Love You














I just saw New York, I Love You and actually really liked it. It came out last year. I originally heard some bad reviews. Many people said that it did not live up to Paris, Je T'aime, but I think that in some ways, it was actually better. I did not like the fact that, unlike the first film, every story seemed to be a pretty clear-cut love story, but I did like the presence of closure that I found in many of the stories that was simply not as present in the first film.















I do not want to go into detail about the actual stories, because that would give too much away. What I will say is that I was impressed with many of the cameos both in front of and behind the screen. These cameos included Bradley Cooper, Natalie Portman, Shia LaBeouf, Orlando Bloom, Hayden Christensen, Ethan Hawke, Christina Ricci, Rachel Bilson, Robin Wright, Anton Yelchin, James Caan, John Hurt, Andy Garcia, Chris Cooper, Cloris Leachman, and Julie Christie.















There were many actors that continually give the wonderful performances that I have come to expect. A few surprised me. I was really impressed by the performances of Orlando Bloom, Shia LaBeouf, and Bradley Cooper. Most of the actors were cast outside the normal roles that they are given. It was a really pleasant surprise.

I would definitley recommend this film. It is definitely a must-see!

No comments: