Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Goya's Ghosts

















I was completely amazed by this new film that I saw. Goya's Ghosts came out in 2006. I remembered seeing the trailer and wanting to see it, but I never really got the chance. The story was not particularly groundbreaking. The thing that really amazed me were the performances. There were a couple of really good performances from Javier Bardem and Stellan Skarsgard, but I was completely blown away by Natalie Portman. She played two different characters. Many actors have done this before, but she really got it right. I saw two completely different performances side-by-side.

















The film is based on the painter, Goya. He faces the Spanish Inquisition after his muse, Ines, is arrested for heresy. Goya uses his connection to Brother Lorenzo in order to set-up a metting between powerful Inquisitors and Ines' family. The plot thickens as political and religious power changes hands and people change sides.

I would definitely recommend this film. It is definitely a must-see!

No comments: