Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! Oscar Wilde






I have been really excited about unveiling this Dream Cast Thursday for a while.This week's Dream Cast Thursday is Oscar Wilde themed! This week, I will be recasting An Ideal Husband and the Importance of Being Earnest. Both were originally comedic stage plays by Wilde, but there have been many adaptations. An Ideal Husband was performed for the first time in 1895. The Importance of Being Earnest also premiered in 1895. When choosing my cast, I looked at adaptations that came out in 1999 and 2002.









The first character that I recast from an Ideal Husband was Lord Arthur Goring. He was played by Rupert Everett. For my adaptation, I cast Michael Fassbender.









The second character that I recast was Miss Mabel Chiltern. She was played by Minnie Driver. For my adaptation, I cast Anna Friel.









The third character that I recast was Sir Robert Chiltern. He has been played by Jeremy Northam. For my adaptation, I cast David Tennant.









The fourth character that I cast was Lady Gertrude Chiltern. She was played by Cate Blanchett. For my adaptation, I cast Rosamund Pike









The last character that I recast from an Ideal Husband was Mrs. Laura Cheveley. She was played by Julianne Moore. For my adaptation, I cast Rebecca Hall.









The first character that I recast from the Importance of Being Earnest was Jack Worthing. He was played by Colin Firth. For my adaptation, I cast James D'Arcy.









The second character that I recast was Gwendolen Fairfax. She was played by Frances O'Connor. For my adaptation, I cast Kate Winslet.









The third character that I recast was Algernon Moncrieff. He was played by Rupert Everett. For my adaptation, I cast Lee Pace.









The last character that I recast was Cecily Cardew. She was played by Reese Witherspoon. For my adaptation, I cast Juno Temple.

So what do you all think? Have you read/seen the plays? Which are your favorite adaptations and who would be in your cast?

No comments: