Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Monday, May 17, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! King Arthur





I'm sorry that this one is so late. Things have been pretty crazy this week. For this week's Dream Cast Thursday, I will be recasting the King Arthur legend. There have been very many adaptations of this story. I looked at several adaptations when making my decisions. I looked at Camelot (1967), First Knight (1995), Merlin (1998), The Mists of Avalon (2001), and King Arthur (2004).













The first character that I recast was Arthur. He has been played by Richard Harris, Sean Connery, Paul Curran, Edward Atterron, and Clive Owen.For my adaptation, I recast Michael Fassbender.













The second character that I recast was Guinevere. She has been played by Vanessa Redgrave, Julia Ormond, Lena Headey, Samantha Mathis, and Keira Knightley.For my adaptation, I cast Anna Friel.













The third character that I recast was Lancelot. He has been played by Franco Nero, Richard Gere, Jeremy Sheffield, Michael Vartan, and Ioan Gruffudd.For my adaptation, I cast Henry Cavill.













The fourth character that I recast was Merlin. He has been played by Laurence Naismith, Sam Neill, Michael Byrne, and Stephen Dillane. For my adaptation, I cast Peter O'Toole






The fifth character that I recast was Morgaine. She has been played by Helena Bonham Carter and Julianna Margulies.For my adaptation, I cast Polly Walker.













The last character that I recast was Mordred. He has been played by David Hemmings, Jason Done, and Hans Matheson.For my adaptation, I cast Rupert Friend.

So what do you all think? Do you like the King Arthur legend? Which is your favorite adaptation? Who would be in your remake?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this recast! Anna Friel is one of my favorites - she could do just about anything. Peter O'Toole is an inspired choice. I'm surprised he hasn't played Merlin yet.

grace said...

Yeah. I was really surprised when I was looking up some of the past casts. I own King Arthur and have seen it many times, but never realized that Stephen Dilane played him. I really like him and have seen him in a lot. I guess that goes to show what a good actor he is, since his appearance didn't change all that much.

Ruth said...

Great choices