Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dream CAst Thursday! Cat on a Hot Tin Roof





This week's Dream Cast Thursday is Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. It was originally a play by Tennessee Williams and was originally published in 1955. When developing my cast for my adaptation, I looked at the casts from the film adaptations made in 1958 and 1984 and the Broadway adaptation that came out in 2008.












The first character that I recast was Brick. He has been played by Paul Newman, Tommy Lee Jones and Terrence Howard. For my adaptation, I cast Patrick Wilson.











The next character that I cast was Maggie. She has been played by Elizabeth Taylor, Jessica Lange, and Anika Noni Rose. For my adaptation, I cast Natalie Dormer.











The last character that I recast was Big Daddy. He has been played by Burl Ives, Rip Torn, and James Earl Jones. For my adaptation, I cast Richard Griffiths.

So what do you all think? What adaptations have you seen? Who would be in your remake?

1 comment:

Ruth said...

great choices