Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! Rebecca






This week's Dream Cast Thursday is Rebecca. I read the novel (by Daphne du Maurier) in high school and LOVED it! The novel originally came out in 1938. For my recast, I looked at the 1940 adaptation and the 1997 adaptation.







The first character that I recast was the second Mrs. de Winter. She has been played by Joan Fontaine and Emilia Fox. For my adaptation, I cast Ruth Wilson.







The second character that I recast was Maxim de Winter. He has been played by Laurence Olivier and Charles Dance. For my adaptation, I cast Ralph Fiennes.







The third character that I recast was Mrs. Danvers. She has been played by Judith Anderson and Diana Rigg. For my adaptation, I cast Catherine Deneuve.







The last character that I recast was Jack Favell. He has been played by George Sanders and Jonathan Cake. For my adaptation, I cast Adam Rayner.

So what do you all think? Have you read the novel? What adaptations have you seen? Who would be in your adaptation?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have just seen the adaptation with Emilia Fox and I think she is perfect for it.
Bop hair and no much make up suits her.
In my opinion Ruth Wilson would be better if someone had to be Rebecca.

All the best!