Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! Barefoot in the Park






This week's Dream Cast Thursday is Barefoot in the Park. It was originally a play before coming to the big screen in 1967.
















Barefoot in the Park, the feature film,  came out in 1976. The cast included Robert Redford as Paul Bratter, Jane Fonda as Corie Bratter, Charles Boyer as Victor Velasco, and Mildred Natwick as Ethel Banks.

















In 2006, there was a Broadway revival of Barefoot in the Park. This cast included Patrick Wilson as Paul Bratter, Amanda Peet as Corie Bratter, Tony Roberts as Victor Velasco, and Jill Clayburgh as Ethel Banks.





















In my remake, I would cast James Marsden as Paul Bratter, Rachel McAdams as Corie Bratter, Jean Reno as Victor Vilasco, and Cloris Leachmen as Ethel Banks.

So what do you all think? Have you seen any adaptations of Barefoot in the Park? Who would be in your remake? Leave your casts in the comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great choices! What a wonderful movie to dreamcast. If we could cast younger versions, I'd pick Drew Barrymore and Ewan McGregor. Off the top of my head, I'd like to see Natalie Portman & Peter Saarsgard in the leads, with Dustin Hoffman as Victor & Helen Mirren as the mom. What about an all-British interpretation?

Ruth said...

i really love love love thes choices

grace said...

Yeah, I definitely think that Dustin Hoffman would be perfect, and Natalie Portman is definitely cute enough. I'm not so sure about Drew Barrymore, but I'm not sure how I feel about her in general. Peter Saarsgard could definitely pull off the part of Paul.