Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Friday, January 8, 2010

The Handmaid's Tale


I recently watched the Handmaid's Tale. I knew a little of the story prior to seeing the film. The novel by Margaret Atwood was brought up several times in a class that I took this past semester while we were discussing the Edible Woman. I found the film to be very interesting and a little scary in the way that only truly good films can be. This film is a dystopian look at the possible future of the human race. Very few women are able to bear children. Those that can are enslaved. They are forced to become handmaids to the wealthy and powerful.

There was nothing hugely wonderful about the cast (although I do love seeing new films with Natasha Richardson). After her death, I love finding new roles of her that I have not had the chance to see before. As always, she did a wonderful job. The content and storyline make this an interesting film. It is definitely a must-see!

No comments: