Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dream Cast Thursday! A Room With a View


This week's Dream Cast Thursday is A Room With a View. The novel by E. M. Forster came out in 1908. The first film adaptation came outi n 1985. The second came out in 2007. The second adaptation took was much more different from the original novel than the first. I really enjoyed the novel and really love the original adaptation. I didn't really care for the 2007 adaptation, so now, it is my turn.

Lucy Honeychurch is the heroine of the story. In the 1985 adaptation, she was played by Helena Bonham Carter. In the 2007 adaptation, she was played by Elaine Cassidy. In my adaptation, I would cast Keira Knightley. I know that she is sometimes over-used (especially in British films), but I think that she is really good at being naive, sensual, innocent and intelligent all at the same time.

In the 1985 adaptation, George Emerson was played by Julian Sands. In the 2007 adaptation, he was played by Rafe Spall. In my adaptation, I cast Joseph Beattie.

In the 1985 adaptation, Charlotte Bartlett was played by Maggie Smith. In the 2007 adaptation, she was played by Sophie Thompson. In my adaptation, I cast Emma Thompson. At first, I wasn't sure if she was old enough, but I really think that she could pull it off.

In the 1985 adaptation, Cecil Vyse was played by Daniel Day-Lewis. In the 2007 adaptation, he was played by Laurence Fox. This was really hard, because Daniel Day-Lewis did such a wonderful job. In my adaptation, I cast Simon Woods.

So what do you all think? Have you seen either of the adaptations? Have you read the novel? Who would be in your adaptation?

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

i really really like this one