Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dream Cast Thursday! Sunset Boulevard


For this week's "Dream Cast Thursday," I will be recasting Sunset Boulevard. There have been countless stage adaptations. The original film was directed by Billy Wilder in 1950. It stars William Holden as Joe Gillis, Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond, Nancy Olson as Betty Schaefer, and Erich von Stronheim as Max von Mayerling.

As Norma Desmond, I recast Glenn Close (I cheated a little since she recently played Norma Desmond on Broadway, but once I had the image of her in my head as Desmond, I couldn't get it out. I recast Simon Baker as Joe Gillis. I recast Rachel McAdams as Betty Schaefer, and Anthony Hopkins as Max von Mayerling.

So what are all of your ideas? What do you think of my recasting? How would you recast it?

2 comments:

Ruth said...

i have say if i could choose i would pick Cloris Leechman as norma desmond

grace said...

Nothing against Cloris...but I'm not sure if she can pull it off. Desmond is supposed to be an old, has-been. She was once a gorgeous actress. I feel like Cloris has always been a bit of a character actress.