Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Notturno Bus

I just went to the Chicago Cultural Center with my roommate, Sarah, to see a free sneak preview of Night Bus (Notturno Bus). The showing was part of the International Summer Screenings Program. I absolutely loved it. It took a little while at the beginning to really get into the plot, but after that, it was really good.

The film was directed by Davide Marengo and originally came out in 2007. It starred Giovanna Mezzogiorno and Valerio Mastandrea. The film centers around Franz, a bus driver with a gambling habit and Leila, a thief. I feel like the film was best described right before the showing by the head of the Istituto Italiano di Cultura di Chicago as a film that is a bit Noir-ish and a bit Romantic Comedy. I believe that the film is coming back in October as part of the festival, and I would encourage anyone to check it out.

No comments: