Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Harry Potter Exhibit!

My parents and sister came to Chicago to visit me today. We went to a Harry Potter exhibit. Sadly, we could not take photos inside the actual exhibit, but I was able to take some photos outside of the exhibit. It was so amazing to see all of the actual props from the film. There were so many details (especially in the costumes). I was so amazed to see a copy of an O.W.L with actual questions.

One of the really cool things was seeing all of the costumes. I am fairly certain that I am taller than Gary Oldman. It was also really cool seeing some of the old costumes. The ones from the first film were so tiny! They were all so little back then! They even had Oliver Wood (Sean Biggerstaff)'s quidditch uniform. I saw Ralph Fiennes costume from the graveyard. He is bizarrely tall compared to the rest of the cast. It was so cool.

Hagrid's hut was also really cool. The entire hut had been put back together. We all got to sit in his chair. My feet just barely hung off. My dad's feet didn't touch the ground!

My favorite room was probably the great hall. I actually got to touch the doors to the great hall! When I went inside, there were so many candles suspended from the ceiling. While we were waiting, a woman brought out the sorting hat and sorted a few people. I actually got to touch the sorting hat! Ruth and I also got to take some pictures with the flying car. I snuck a touch. It seemed so little in real life! I got to see the Goblet of fire, the sorcerer's stone, Tom Riddle's Diary, Rita Skeeter's quill, Hary and Ron's beds, the front of the Hogwart's Express, and so much more. Ruth threw around a quaffle. It was so much fun! I really hope that some of the real props go to the theme park that opens.

No comments: