Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Half-Blood Prince


I saw the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince earlier this week. I have heard very many mixed reviews so far, so now I am going to write what I say. First of all, there were very many discrepancies between the film and book. This did not bother me as much as it seemed to bother others. I guess that I have kind of gotten used to it since it has also happened that way with all of the other films.

The one thing that I really had a problem with was the way the the film dealt with Fenrir Greyback. I personally think that he is a kind of large part of the story. The problem that I had was that the film showed him, but with absolutely no explanation. I do not understand why he was even put in the film, if he was going to have such a small role.

That all said, I loved the film. There were many moments when I was uncontrollably laughing (the main moment being after Harry takes the luck potion). Prior to seeing the film, I was not completely sure whether Jim Broadbent was the absolutely best choice for Professor Horace Slughorn. Upon seeing the film, all of my doubts were crushed. He was absolutely amazing. He could be in the background of a scene when something extremely important was happening, and still, I could not take my eyes off him. Every facial expression and gesture was perfect.

I encourage you all to post your own reviews in the comments section.

No comments: