Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dream Cast Thursday! High Society



Today is the first official Dream Cast Thursday Blog Post. This week I am recasting High Society. It originally came out in 1956. It was a musical remake of the Philadelphia Story (which originally came out in 1940 and was an adaptation of the play of the same name).
High Society starred Grace Kelly as Tracy Samantha Lord, Bing Crosby as C.K. Dexter-Haven, Frank Sinatra as Mike Connor, and Celeste Holm as Liz Imbrie. This is one of my favorite films, and I have often thought about how I would re-cast it were I to make a remake.
I would cast Claire Forlani as Tracy Samantha Lord (in the past I haven't really liked her that much, but hey, if Dougray Scott Likes her, she must be okay). I would cast Patrick Wilson as C.K. Dexter-Haven. I would cast James Franco as Mike Connor and Cate Blanchett as Liz Imbrie.

If any of you have any opinions of the cast or ideas for future "Dream Cast Thursdays" please leave your ideas in the comments.

No comments: