Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Friday, April 3, 2009

Food Friday! pt. 3 Kung Pao Broccoli



Kung Pao Broccoli

As most of you know, I don't eat meat. I try really hard to find interesting substitutes for the foods that I like. Kung Pao Broccoli is one of those foods and is especially easy to make. You can add whatever ingredients that you want to it (peanuts, vegetables, chicken, etc.) This time I wanted something quick and easy, so I just added broccoli.

First, I use really easy minute rice. I use about two cups of rice (what is wonderful about this recipe and many of the others that I do, is that is is just as easy to make several servings as it is to make one. this way, I have leftovers to get me through the school week without worrying about cooking).

Next I steam the broccoli. I don't have a steamer, so I just fill a sauce pan halfway with water, bring it to a boil, add the broccoli, cover it and leave it for five minutes.

Next I mix together the rice, the broccoli, and the kung pao sauce. I use Annie Chung's sauce, but you can use whatever you like.

I hope that you enjoy this recipe. If you try it, let me know how it goes.

No comments: