Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend

So this weekend was majorly fun for two reasons...

First of all, Amanda and her friend Liz came to visit this weekend. It was not a total surprise, but it was kind of a surprise, because I only found out towards the beginning of last week, so it was not something that we had been planning for a while. It was really amazing to see Amanda, because until she left again, I had no idea how much I had missed her (even though it has only been a couple of weeks since we had seen each other). We also got to do some fun tourist-y things that I have not really gotten a chance to do since people who live in Chicago are apparently not allowed to be tourist-y.

On Saturday we mostly just walked around downtown (specifically Michigan Avenue) and then hung out. On Sunday we went to the Sears Tower, Navy Pier and then just hung out for a while. Hanging out around Michigan Avenue was probably the most fun. I don't have any classes downtown this semester, so it was the first time that I had been downtown in a little while. Also, I made a major acquisition at the Disney Store. I found a really pretty ceramic mug with Princess Jasmine on it.

And now for the second thing that made this weekend so wonderful...
I like to think that I helped to facilitate the new love of an old television show for two friends. See, Amanda and my roommate Sarah are both Roswell newbies. Amanda was able to see a little of the first season on Saturday night. Sarah and I just finished season two. I really love it when there is something that I love and care about, and then it turns out the people that I know like the same thing. Plus, this meant that I got to spend quite a large portion of the three day weekend watching Roswell. What could be better?




Currently Reading for Class:
The Professor's House by Willa Cather
and
Oedipus Rex

Currently Watching:
Roswell Season Two

Currently Listening to:
Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins by Rupert Everett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.