Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Friday, January 30, 2009

Rocknrolla

I know that my blog has been getting VERY review heavy. I promise to remedy this very soon, but for now, I absolutely must talk about how much I LOVED Rocknrolla!

Now before anyone asks, YES, Guy Ritchie is definitely back! As with all Guy Ritchie films, you have to just jump right in. There is not a lot of exposition, so it may take the viewer a while to catch his or her bearings. It was a little hard for me to get into the film right away, but there was one scene when suddenly I just knew (once you see it, you'll know what scene it is) that this would be my new favorite Guy Ritchie film.

Now, I don't know if there are any Gerard Butler fans out there, but if so, this film is a definite must. Now, Gerard Butler was not in very much of the trailer, so I assumed that he would be a minor character. This was not the case. Gerard Butler and Tom Hardy absolutely made the film. Along with them, the film had an amazing cast including Gemma Arterton, Ludacris, Jimi Mistry, Thandie Newton, Jeremy Piven, Mark Strong, and Tom Wilkinson.

No comments: