Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Golden Globes 2009

The other night I watched the Golden Globes with my roommate, Brittany. I couldn't help but notice several things...

1. Seeing Mickey Rourke now makes me sad.

2. Kate and Leo are no doubt having an affair.

3. Drew Barrymore is back on the sauce.

4. No matter what Colin Farrell does, he will always be adorable.

Let me explain. I am a huge Mickey Rourke fan. I must admit that I was originally drawn to him because of his undeniable hotness is some of his early works. He is of course undeniably a wonderful actor. I don't mean to take say that he isn't, but let's face it. He was gorgeous. What happened. There was something so sad about his acceptance speech (watch in high definition if you can) last night. Am I the only one that felt this way? Parts were so moving, but so sad at the same time.



Okay, the second thing that I noticed isn't exactly as serious at the first. And perhaps I am exaggerating the facts because I am way too much of a fan of Titanic. I can't help it. Ever since it came out, it has been one of my favorite films. I am also a huge Kate Winslet. I am so happy that she might finally win an Oscar. I must say that her acceptance speech (watch in high definition if you can) for her role in Revolutionary Road was my absolute favorite part of the entire night.

I don't really think that my third comment is really news to anyone. I couldn't find any clip of her and Jessica Lange. I am pretty sure that someone gave her tons of coffee and told her to sit still and smile so that she could then shown every couple of seconds during Steven Spielberg's speech in the hopes of cleaning up her image.

Lastly, as always, Colin Farrell is absolutely adorable no matter what he does. At one point while presenting an award he had a little sniffle and then adorably said that he just had a cold and wasn't sniffling for the reason that he used to. I love when people can get their act together and are able to laugh about themselves. This wasn't his most adorable moment. I would have to say that his acceptance speech absolutely clinches his adorable status.

I of course could go on and on about the golden globes, but am sure that no one seriously would want to read it. Does anyone else have and thoughts on these four observations? Does anyone have anything else that they wanted to add? Any Oscar guesses?

Currently Reading for Pleasure:
Suite Scarlet by Maureen Johnson

Currently Reading for Class:
The Professor's House by Willa Cather
and
Oedipus Rex

Currently Watching:
Rome Season Two

Currently Listening to:
Anything Goes by John Barrowman






No comments: