Smeag3's Twitter Updates

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Australia

Okay, so I just saw Australia. I must say that I have some pretty mixed feelings about it. Cinematically, it was gorgeous and everything that one can expect from a Baz Luhrmann film. At first, my reaction to the very begining of the film was not that good. I thought that Nicole Kidman was so absolutely annoying that I wanted to slap her. Hugh Jackman did not seem to have any kind of character at all.

The film got much better pretty soon into the movie, though. It was kind of long, and really seemed like two complete stories in one film.

That said, I must say that I enjoyed it overall. Towards the end of the film, I was absolutely glued to the screen. The begining actually seems kind of funny after seeing the whole film. I guess I understand why she was made to be so annoying at the begining of the film. Even if I had not liked the movie, seeing it would have been worth it just to see Hugh Jackman in his last few moments on screen (see it and you'll know what I am talking about).

Has anyone else seen it? Post reactions in the comments.

No comments: